If you have questions about this policy, our data use or any of your rights, you may reach our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) and our dedicated team by filling the form at Contact Us page. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
If you would like us to delete your personal information (except for information that we keep for record-keeping purposes) and/or remove your name and address from promotional lists or to place your name on our “do not contact” list, you should contact our DPO at the email listed above. Please note that requests to update your personal information preferences may take up to 30 days if sent by email and six weeks if by mail (at the address listed below). Requests for access to data that we keep or deletion of data may also be directed to our DPO by filling this form.
- 1 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2 HOW DO WE GET THE INFORMATION?
- 3 WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH MY INFORMATION?
- 4 WILL THIRD PARTIES HAVE ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
- 5 HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
- 6 OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information that we collect includes information that you may give us by using our Website(s), filling out forms on our Website(s); corresponding with us by phone email, online or otherwise; downloading an application or registering on one of our Websites; interacting with our Website(s) by subscribing to a service, e-newsletter, entering a competition; sharing information from one of our social media platforms or reporting a problem with our Websites.
The types of personal information that we process or have access to may include:
- If provided by you, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number(s), username and password, photos, videos, social media account names, or other information that you may share with us or enter into any of our Websites; and
- IP address or identifier associated with the device or browser you use to access our Websites or advertisements of our services that you click or view.
Automatic Data Collection
In addition, we may automatically collect the following information from your visits to our Websites:
- technical information such as the IP address used to access the Websites that identifies the mobile or other device you use, the operating system, settings, network and browser information used to access the Websites
- the domain or URL method used to and from our Websites which may include the date, time and sites that you used to navigate to or from our Websites, pages viewed, information searched, length of visit, time required to load and error messaging, clicks, mouse overs, scrolling and browsing methods
- information stored on your mobile device, including photos, contacts, log in or other digital content
- details on how you use and visit any of our Websites, including traffic dating, weblogs, communication data
- GPS technology in some apps to determine your location which may be disabled by changing the settings on your mobile device
- when installing or uninstalling an app with a unique application number or when an application searches for an update, information about use of the app and download
HOW DO WE GET THE INFORMATION?
Opt In and Use Based Information
Information may be received about you when you agree to provide us with information or when you access our Websites (as described above). If you use our Websites or agree to provide data by opting in to receiving further information or services from us by creating an account or subscribing to our e-newsletter or following our social media platforms, we may use the data you provide to update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide information and services that may be of interest to you.
Cookies help us serve you better. We collect information that does not identify you personally other than identification of your computer or browser. We do not collect any personal information that you do not provide to us other than via cookies or similar tags. Cookies or tags are pieces of information placed in the settings of your web browser by a website server to identify your computer when you return to a website. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and visitor behavioral patterns. Whenever a site welcomes you and tailors data to your specifications, it is reading a cookie or tag left in your browser and identifying information that you may have registered during previous visits, your geographical location or your viewing preferences based on sites you visit.
Your Internet browser can be set not to accept cookies; however, in some cases, this may result in some website features not functioning correctly. Please see www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
We use Google AdSense and Amazon Advertising on our website.
Our website uses Google AdSense for:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you (for example this could be registering your account, providing you with products and services that you have requested)
- enhance your customer experience;
- improve our website in order to better serve you;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- provide you with information that you have requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- ensure the security and safe operation of our websites and underlying business infrastructure;
- personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested, and
- manage any communication between you and us.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
For example, we share your data with:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Associates
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH MY INFORMATION?
From time to time, we may use the information that we collect for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes or analytical purposes. For example, we may send you our monthly email newsletter about NYC events and special offers and we may email you about promotions and surveys.
Process and Analyze Information
We may also use IP addresses to analyze trends, help us administer the website, track the movement of visitors and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We will not directly use IP addresses linked to any other personally identifiable information.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes
WILL THIRD PARTIES HAVE ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
Aggregated Demographic Information
We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties, but this information is not linked to any personal information that can identify you or another individual person other than IP address. No personal information is disclosed by us in this manner.
Also, we may occasionally provide your contact information to our partners and affiliates who may, in turn, send you information by, for example, mail or email about their products and services. On occasion, we may offer a special promotion (such as a sweepstakes, contest or a free subscription to goods and services) on the website in conjunction with a third-party service provider, sponsor or promotional partner, and share your information with that third-party service provider, sponsor or promotional partner so that it can send you other special promotions it offers and in those instances, we will inform you of the identity of the third-party partner.
We sometimes use third party agents to run our Website(s), publish our newsletter, provide you with useful information about offers and services to travelers or those interested in travel to New York City and in related travel, leisure, cultural, lodging, and entertainment or services available through our partners or to make or fulfill offers you receive from us. Our agents and partners include web services providers, contest fulfillment providers, airlines, hotels and lodging providers, sightseeing and entertainment venues. We may share the information that you provide with our agents or partners to provide you with services and information and to analyze data about use of our Websites and the effectiveness of our advertisements. We require our agents and partners to keep your information private, not share it with anyone else and, if they would like to contact you directly, obtain your permission to do that.
HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
We store your information in a secure environment, compliant with industry standards and best practices. In addition, we use appropriate and effective methods to safeguard your personal information by implementing security procedures to protect your privacy such as encryption and risk analyses.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
We do not actively encourage use of our website by children or market or direct advertising to those under 16. You agree that you are over 16.
We will notify appropriate authorities and, as may be required, you of a personal data breach without undue delay if there is a high risk of harm based on the type of information and breach or provide notice in an appropriate manner where the breach does not pose a high risk of harm.
Team – Newyorklines.com